Wednesday, June 24, 2015

But the Fire Makes You the Dragon Instead. Day 24

So for Day 24 for #MHAMBC Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge the writing prompt was Christina Aguilera's "Fighter."
Best lines:
"After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you
But uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know
Just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you
'Cause it

[Chorus:]
Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter"

A main theme for this month has been letting the pain turn you into something better. A better version of yourself. This is really hard. It's much easier to let it turn you into a bitter husk of yourself. Letting it make you better and kinder is a full time job.
Recently I was listening to the new The Weepies album (for the 50th time) and I heard something I hadn't heard before and I haven't been able to shake it. So much so that I was compelled to draw it. The song is "Does not bear repeating" from Sirens.

To not lie down on solid ground,
not slink around this time
That's over head, boy, that's under head
but the fire makes you the dragon instead

This is not the way I thought it would be
Thought it would be much lighter
This is not the way I thought it would be
Thought it would be much brighter

I thought I saw stars, but it was a rain falling
I thought it was a fight, but it was a game, all in
I thought it was a once, but it was again and again,
and again, my friend indeed, does not bear repeating, oh
wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo


I thought it said. "Let the fire make you a dragon instead". But the actual lyrics are " but the fire makes you the dragon instead." Either way, I love the idea of the fire making me a dragon instead of burning me alive, instead of destroying me. I want the fire to make be stronger and tougher and faster and a dragon. Who doesn't want to be a dragon? So here is a drawing of the fire turning me into a dragon instead.



3 comments:

  1. You need to always have pink hair, dragon sister. I'm not a dragon I'm just a pile of marshmallow fluff ready to squashed by minor challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @britt you can be a dragon too if you want to

    ReplyDelete